Hi there, Im currently building the AirPi as a Uni project.
Im New with the Raspberry Pi but i have seemed to get my head around it. i am using on 3 of the sensors the LDR the TGS2600 and the BMP085. im runnning the Upload.py script in the terminal window for testing and it seems that only the BMP085 is working correctly. the LDR is giving me a value of 2.80Lux and 5723.20lux every cycle and the Air quality 0.00 and -2420.20 every cycle.
Ive checked the connections to the components and all seems fine the LDR is giving a good voltage range when checked with a meter and the brightness altered, therefore i am leading towards a mistake in my set up or the ADC but was hoping that someone could give me some more helpful information or points to check.
Hi there, Im currently building the AirPi as a Uni project. ... your help would be much appreciated
That's quite an old version of the original software (although I realise you were probably just following the instructions on the airpi.es website). The newer version of the software by one of the creators of the AirPi is here.
You may well be better asking your question in a new post on this board, since this thread relates to a newer version again, which doesn't have Upload.py any more (although neither does the later version of the 'official' software either).
The script keeps running for about one hour if I set the frequency to 5 seconds - and then just halts without any error message. If I change the read frequency to 300 seconds the script seems to run for longer time (more than 10 hours so far). However - and this seems strange - whenever read frequency is set to more than 30 seconds I get the following warning:
"WARNING: Can't keep up - requested sample frequency is too fast!"
If set to 30 seconds I get this warning in about every fourth reading. If set to 300 seconds it appears it with every reading.
Fantastic project thanks for all your hard work. I am getting one error when connecting an adafruit ultimate GPS I am getting no error and no feedback to the print screen. The GPS module is loaded and running all tests come back as working.
Also just enabled http output and am getting back TypeError: output_metadata() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
Any tips would be welcome.
Last Edit: Apr 5, 2015 9:37:46 GMT -5 by andyau: Additional issue
Do you see any coordinates if you run: sudo cgps -s The metadata error will be fixed as part of the batch of updates I'm working on at the moment. Be warned thought that the HTTP module does hang at random, and I've never had chance to dig into the code (not mine) and see what's going on.
Interesting you should say that about the GPS. My Adafruit unit seems to have stopped working too, although I don't get any coords through cgps either. The strange thing is that there haven't been any changes to the code base which should affect the GPS. I'll update when I find anyhting.